Competitive Edge Sports Covid Safety Protocol and Guidelines
Houston Power League Covid-19 Rules:
YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO 1 SPECTATOR PER PLAYER AND EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK. COACHES AND PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN ON THE BENCH AND WHEN NOT ON THE COURT PLAYING. REFEREES WILL ISSUE WARNINGS AND/OR YELLOW CARDS FOR MASK VIOLATIONS BY PLAYERS AND COACHES. IF YOU DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE WEARING A MASK PLEASE STAY HOME, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
Tournament game balls will be sanitized between matches.
Facility and tournament rules are listed here:
- PARKING – There is limited parking in front of the facility, please use parking behind our facility, as we usually have a full parking lot. Parking is NOT permitted in the strip mall parking lot that serves the veterinarian’s office, nails salon, Papa John’s and Tewbeleaux’s. YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED IF YOU PARK IN THIS AREA. Please adhere to parking signs outside of our facility’s parking lot. Parking IS permitted in the Christian Brother’s parking lot as well as the Kids R Kids parking area to the north of The Edge. *Parking map posted below.
- ENTRY FEE – There is a $5 entry fee for all adults. Children from 6-17 and seniors over 60 are $3. Children 5 and under, players and coaches are free. Cash only paid at the door - ONE spectator per player on each team in accordance with our facility’s maximum occupancy.
- WEB STREAMING - at this time, we don’t have live streaming, however we will very soon, as we are in the final stages of completion with our cameras and wifi bandwidth capacity.
- WORK TEAMS – Coaches are expected to ref when assigned. Please bring a whistle. Check out with the tournament director before leaving the tournament to make sure your playing/officiating assignments are completed.
- SEATING – Although we have bleachers, we encourage those who wish to bring their own seating (“camp chairs”) to do so, as there is limited space on the bleachers.
- CONCESSIONS – NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK allowed inside the building or on the sport court except water bottles for the players. We have a full concessions stand available throughout the day. TAILGATING is NOT allowed at our facility. Our concessions stand includes freshly grilled items like paninis, grilled cheese, cheese quesadillas, hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, salad bowls and wraps; smoothies all day & breakfast sandwiches and muffins for breakfast as well!
- PRO SHOP – We will be selling t-shirts and gear in our pro shop at the front entrance. Stop by to check out what we have to offer!
- PLAYING SURFACES – Only players and coaches are permitted on the sport surfaces during tournaments. This is a USAV safety rule and is also designed to keep our sport court surfaces in good condition. We have nets surrounding the playing surface, so this helps, but please remind your team. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to this safety rule by walking around the courts on the concrete instead of passing through the middle. NO BALL HANDLING OR HORSEPLAY in the hallways outsides of the courts!
- CHECKOUT PROCEDURE – Please make sure you checkout with the tournament director before leaving the tournament for the day, just to be sure you are done playing or working.
- ADDRESS/LOCATION - The Edge: 2733 Rayford Rd, Spring, TX 77386. We are located just off of Rayford Rd, behind Goodwill, Christian Brothers and Papa John’s. If you’re coming from I-45, turn left on Aldine Westfield Rd, and take your first right. If coming from Grand Parkway, take your first right after Tewbeleaux’s and McDonald’s.